BMW-Life Magazine Competition ticket giveaway to attend the BMW Driving Experience Course (the “BDE”)
1. This promotional competition is conducted by BMW (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd (the “Organiser“). By entering the Organiser’s Social Media promotional competition (the “Competition”), participants agree to the terms and conditions set out herein (the “Ts and Cs), which will be interpreted by the Organiser, in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of any dispute whatsoever, the decision of the Organiser shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into save that correspondence shall only be limited to notifying the winning participant.
2. The Competition is open to anyone except the following persons:
2.1. the directors, members, partners, agents, employees, or consultants of the Organiser; and
2.2. immediate family members and friends of the Organiser’s employees, advertising agencies, advisors or suppliers, or any supplier of goods or services connected with the Competition.
3. The Competition commences on 01 March 2021 and ends at 16h00 on 05 March 2021 (the “Competition Period”). The winners will be notified by the Organiser via the Organiser’s Facebook page and/or Twitter accounts on 12 March 2021.
4. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that his/her entry is received by the Organiser prior to the closure of the Competition. Any entries which are not received by the Organiser prior to the closure of the Competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry.
5. To participate in the Competition, each participant must answer 1 of 5 questions which will be asked over the five days during which the Competition will run. In order to answer the question, the participant will be required to read each article published in the BMW Life Magazine and the participant must post t his/her answers on the Organiser’s official Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram platform/s.
6. The Organiser will compile a shortlist of the most heartwarming stories and on Friday, 12th March 2021 will choose the winners. 2 (two) winners shall be selected by the Organiser via a random draw and shall be eligible for the prize.
7. The Prize consists of –
7.1. 1 (one) set of 5 (five) BMW Driving Experience tickets to attend the BDE course.
7.2. Access to Racecourse between 08:00 and 05:00 PM daily;
7.3. The use of a BMW vehicle under the tutelage of a highly-skilled BMW instructor. All participants must be over the age of 18 years and have a valid driver’s license
8. For the avoidance of any doubt, the winners will be responsible for collecting their tickets at the BDE Reception’s Area, BMW x-Drive Park Simlak Drive, Waterval City, Midrand. The prize does not include accommodation and transport costs or any other expenses which may be incurred by the participant (or participant’s partner (if applicable)), during and for purposes of the participant’s entry into the Competition and the participant’s acceptance and/or use of a prize.
9. Participants must ensure that the privacy settings on their social media accounts are properly enabled so as to allow the Organiser to receive their responses and to further communicate with the participants.
10. If a winner fails to respond to the Organiser within 24 (twenty-four) hours of the Organiser attempting to contact him/her, the prize will be awarded to another participant.
11. The winner hereby agrees to allow the Organiser, after obtaining the winners’ written permission, to require the winner (at no fee) to be identified and a photograph taken and published in printed and/or electronic media, or to appear on radio, the internet, e-mail, and television when accepting their prizes.
12. The prize is not refundable, exchangeable, or negotiable and is not redeemable for cash in part or as a whole. The prize cannot be used for commercial or promotional purposes or resold for more than their original sale price.
13. All participants indemnify the Organiser, its advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers, and nominated agents against any and all claims, damages (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential), or loss of any nature and howsoever arising, including but not limited to wilful misconduct or negligent act or omission arising from their participation in the Competition and subsequent acceptance and use of the prize.
14. The Organiser herein reserves the right to withdraw/exclude participants’ entries which the Organiser considers unsuitable with regards to its content. The Organiser (and its affiliates / partners) is/are not responsible for any entries which are (i) misdirected, (ii) illegible, (iii) late, or (iv) not received by it/them, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, the Organiser (and its affiliates/partners) is/are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telecommunications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the internet, telecommunications lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
15. The Organiser shall not be liable for any disruption to the Competition, whether due to technical problems or otherwise, which is beyond its reasonable control. In the event of any disruption to the running of the Competition, the Organiser may, in its sole discretion, use its reasonable endeavors to remedy the disruption and resume the Competition on a fair and equitable basis to the participants.
16. Any breach of these Ts and Cs may, at the Organiser’s absolute discretion, result in the forfeiture of any prize.
17. The Organiser will not be held liable for any misinterpretation of the prize, rules, and conditions or any specific part thereof. The participant may not win a prize if it is unlawful for the Organiser to supply such a prize to the participant, and if the participant does win such a prize, the participant will forfeit it. No liability is accepted for any loss or damages relating to the use of the Organiser’s social media platforms and/or the reliance of information contained in it or on them.
18. The Organiser does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
18.1 your entry or participation in the Competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
18.2 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
18.3 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
19. The Organiser reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension, or cancellation, the participant agrees to waive any of his/her rights, interests, and expectations that the participant may have in regard to the Competition and acknowledge that s/he will have no recourse against the Organiser and its affiliates as well as third party suppliers (if any). Participants who participate in this Competition acknowledge that, through their participation in the Competition, they have read the legal notice pertaining to the Organiser’s social media platforms (where applicable).